Several members of your favorite running club recently gathered at an undisclosed location somewhere in Morris County to inaugurate what is likely to become an annual
For reasons public safety, and to avoid multiple misdemeanor and several felony charges, the following is only a brief recap of events:
- Almost no one arrived on time. This applies to participants as well as fans.
- Sean was immediately disqualified as he chose to run a beer mile while drinking apple juice, which allegedly had alcohol in it, but thankfully was gluten-free.
- Gene got louder with every lap, which made watching the event very fun. Unfortunately for Gene, he also got slower with every lap.
- Jeff refused to be photographed. Until beer three.
- Dave only drank (and ran) slowly due to "the foam...all in my chest." Either that or the Lyme Disease he is currently fighting, which led to the quote of the day, courtesy of avid beer mile fan Bob S: "Your doctor said you could have a few beers over the weekend, she didn't mean four in ten minutes."
- JB rounded out the field by shattering his projected finish time of "half an hour", finishing the race with an epic 200m charge to almost catch Dave for third place.
A good time for all involved, perhaps another to come during holiday season? Stay tuned...