Sunday, February 27, 2011

Four Mile Beach Run

It was a perfect day on the Jersey Shore. Sunny, blue skies, temperatures near 50 degrees and very little wind. I took advantage of the good weather and participated in the much heralded Long Branch Four Mile Beach run.

My finishing time was embarrassingly slow. Around 40 minutes. The entire course was run on the beautiful, white, sandy beaches of Long Branch. What I thought would be an easy run turned out to be quite a vigorous workout.
After the race, all runners were rewarded with one free beer at McLoone's Pier House.

1 comment:

Brian James said...

Glad to see you're feeling better, and certainly enjoying a fine day for the beach! Cool picture!

It definitely beats the image I've had in my head for three days of Dave and Gene in red dresses...