Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Spring Lake Five


Saturday May 28th was the 35th running of the Spring Lake Five. Early morning fog gave way to hazy sunshine and steamy conditions out on the race course. My official chip time was 39:39. I have run this race 18 times in the last 19 years. If you have never run Spring Lake, this race is a 'must do'. The SL5 is the largest race in New Jersey and the largest five mile race in the nation.


The course is nothing less than spectacular. Some of the highlights include ocean views during the first mile, a trip around Lake Como, running through the picturesque town of Spring Lake and finishing in front of the historic Essex & Sussex House.


Above, I am pictured with my nephew, and future Highlands Hasher Ryan Lee. Ryan participated in the Kids' race on Friday night.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Okay - Okay - I'll sign up next time I get that secret e-mail! Nice recruiting too! and I like the shirt. Better than Ridgewood's! all black tech-T with half a pound of rubber screened on the front.