Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dixie Dash Hash

I had to post something because that photo is awful. As discussed two weeks ago the upcoming Thursday night run will be a hash run. For those of you without a clue as to what a hash run is see links below for history.Essentially it is a form of Hares and Hounds. The Hare sets a trail with markings and the Hounds follow. You are the Hounds. From what I've read, it does not mean we drink to excess (so lets get that straight away), and I note that some clubs drink little at all.

As it will be (a) new for most people and (b) getting dark sooner than later I will be setting a 1/2 dead and 1/2 live trail. We will still meet at 400 Morris. The chalk talk will begin around 7:05/10 or so. Then I'm off. The course will be about 2.5 to 3 miles on either road or really easy trail surface. 1.5 to 2 miles will be on trickier terrain. I am planning on one beer check. If Gene can navigate the clutch I'll assign him to either the beer check or the trail end. My biggest concern is that I get the pack in before dark. After dark, on-on continues at Adams.

The emphasis shall be on fun and enjoyment.

Please e-mail me if you 1) willingly want to do the hash 2) don't want to hash but would really just prefer to run with someone.

No comments: