Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

The Hashers started 2011 with a group run around the streets of Rockaway followed by a convivial time at Hibernia Diner. We ran a little over 4 miles and the temperature was springlike. Our new coach also started her rehabilitation program following the walk run method. We wish her the best of recoveries.

Michelle later conspired with Jeff to introduce us to her water cure. At 2:11 p.m. Michelle, Jeff, Dave, and Alison plunged under the water at the annual Mountain Lakes "polar bear" event.(I'm not sure what the official name is or if there is one.) We did take notice of one prominent runner from the Essex team also participating in the water cure. (Photos by Bob Shields)



7 comments:

Alison said...

I notice a lack of several Hashers, including one postal carrier and two lifeguards/teachers....

Gene said...

Convivial - adj. festive, gay, sociable // appropriate to feasting and drinking.... Wow, you just scared away half of our potential Highlands Hashers. Im glad to see you guys took my advice and went and jumped in a lake !

ON - ON

Bob said...

I was under the impression that this was a running club. Now I am getting grief for not swimming in a frozen lake or biking the entire state of New Jersey.
That would be like me giving everyone else a hard time for not playing basketball or volleyball.

Dave said...

It's called cross training. And I believe I did in fact suggest we play basketball to get in some sprints. The shorter guys were not interested.

JB said...

basketball? yeah, let's do that.

Go Knicks.

Bob said...

Either we are going to play basketball or I am going to start badgering short people in the club until we do.

(I hear that badgering now counts as cross-training)

Brian James said...

Alison, as a professional rescuer I advise against this sort of behavior.